Why work with us?
If you are looking to take your hospitality career to the next level and to work with leaders in your chosen field, we might be what you are looking for. The founders of Corbin & King, Chris Corbin and Jeremy King, have been partners and restaurateurs for over 30 years. They are committed to the highest service standards, attention to detail and knowledge of their customer base, factors that have made all their restaurants so successful in the past and will continue to do so in the future.
At Corbin & King, we believe that people are our biggest asset. We want to make sure that we are providing the best service not only to our customers, but also to all our staff, and in August 2008 we were recognised with the 'Investors in People' Award. In 2014, the company entered The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For list. Our ultimate aim is to train, encourage and support at every level, and to create a culture which embraces diversity, and rewards and celebrates success.
This means you will be working for a company
• is committed to the development of its staff, through providing appropriate and varied learning opportunities, to enable us to promote from within at every opportunity
• creates an environment where you are recognised for the job you do
• communicates fully about the company's aims and future expansion plans
• gives you full information about your role, and provides the tools and training to enable you to exceed in your job
• nurtures a supportive environment within which to work
• provides good quality training where it is needed
• intends to make you feel proud to belong to a successful organisation
These are some of the additional benefits we offer at
Corbin & King:
• Working for one of the leading, most respected companies in your chosen professional field
• Free access to our Employee Assistance Programme, Hospitality Action, who provide confidential advice, support and assistance including legal guidance, financial planning and elder care support - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
• Excellent remuneration, including a share of the Service Charge**
• Individual Career Development Plans, Training and Progression
• Meals on duty
• Uniform provided
• Group Pension Scheme*
• Life Insurance*
• Company Subsidised Gym Membership
• Travel to Work Loans
• Private Health Care*
*Dependent upon length of service and / or position
**Dependent on position.
Corbin & King levies a discretionary Service Charge of 12.5% in all its restaurants (with the exception of Brasserie Zédel, where 15% is charged).
For every £1 received in credit card and cash Service Charge and voluntary tips, 90p is allocated to the staff in the restaurant and shared out amongst them according to the rules of the 'Tronc' scheme (a transparent, staff-selected and administered arrangement for managing the service charge and tips, which is run by an independent, staff appointed Tronc Master). 10p in every £1 is retained by the Company to cover the costs of credit card commissions (on the service charge element only), the costs of administering the Tronc scheme, card fraud losses, deductions for breakages, till shortages and walkouts. Corbin & King do not profit from this charge. The Company is always assessing the costs of administering the Tronc and the percentage charged may change but never without prior consultation with the Tronc committees.